This webpage is designed for people to learn more about �Yahoo SEO�. The first part of the page is about SEO for people with Yahoo stores. If you are interested in �SEO for a Yahoo store�, keep reading. Click here, to go to the bottom of this page which talks about �Yahoo SEO� for a general website.
What are Yahoo Stores?
Yahoo! provides services such as Yahoo! Domains, Yahoo! Web Hosting, Yahoo! Merchant Solutions, Yahoo! Business Email, and Yahoo! Store to small business owners and professionals allowing them to build their own online stores using Yahoo!’s tools. Yahoo stores provide people with both an easy and low cost way to create an online presence for their business.
Our research is pointing to a 50% growth in the number and popularity of Yahoo stores since 2005. We’re finding that most Yahoo stores are relatively small (less then 5 employees). However, we are also finding that with an aggressive marketing plan, these same Yahoo stores are achieving very impressive growth rates. We are continually surprised and the number and quality of yahoo stores. We are finding that the single biggest determining factor in the success of an online business is the commitment to an online marketing plan. The quality of the SEO for your Yahoo store will have a significant on the success of your online business.
2. What makes some online stores successful?
In our experience, a successful online yahoo store needs several things
�Relatively expensive products
�High conversion rates
�Good online visibility & marketing.
These all aren’t necessary for success. But, they’re all very important. In this article, we’re going to talk about the last three.
Relatively expensive products
We encourage our client to sell expensive items. This is because we have found only a weak correlation between the price of the product we’re promoting and the difficulty in promoting it. For example, let’s assume that we have Widget �A� and Widget �B�. Let’s assume that Widget �A� is $100 and Widget �B� is $10. In this case, it would be probably that if we spent 100 hrs promoting each product that the traffic to Widget �A� would only be slightly less than the traffic to Widget �B�. If the conversion rates of people interested in both widgets are the same, then the vendor selling Widget �A� is going to make approximately 10 times as much money as Widget �B�. I’ve simplified things slightly, but the basic idea holds true. It’s hard to be successful if your products are under $50. It’s best if they’re over $200.
High conversion Rates
I think that this if fairly self-explanatory. If 1000 people/month visit your website, and 10% of the visitors purchase the $200 product I talked about above, your website is going to do $20,000 in revenue/month. If your average order size if over $100, and your conversion rate is high, then you don’t need a large amount of traffic to be successful.
Good online visibility
The key to success of any Yahoo store is through excellent online visibility. You can achieve this visibility through paid advertising, legitimate back-links from other sources, Social media marketing, and SEO. We find that SEO for a Yahoo store is the most cost effective way to get online visibility.
Most businesses budget 20% of their total revenue for marketing. This means that if you’re a typical company that generates $1M in sales, then your marketing budget is going to be close to $200,000. For storefronts and retail spaces, most of the marketing goes towards paying rent in a prime location.
In the online world, a domain only costs $10/year. You don’t need to pay for a prime domain. You do however, still need to pay to get your domain into a prime location (in the Google and Yahoo search engine results pages). So, as with other more traditional businesses, you still need to invest in a prime location for your storefront. You just do it a different way.
How do you Market Yahoo stores?
Yahoo SEO is similar to Google SEO, but with one different. Google really cares about back-links. Yahoo is a little more concerned about what’s on your website. If you’re doing Yahoo SEO, you need to pay more attention to the content on your website.
Here are my top tips for Yahoo SEO
1) Figure out a way to add/ update content on your website on a regular basis. Yahoo likes fresh content. If you want to effectively do Yahoo SEO, you need to write fresh content and add it to you website as often as possible. We suggest changing or adding something to your website every day. The content on you main page should be changed at least on a weekly basis.
2) You need to register your domains for 2-5 years, not 1 year. This tells yahoo that you’re serious about your business and you plan to be around for more than one year.
3) Avoid buying domains with multiple dashes. If you think about it this-is-a-new-website-to-promote-a-fantastic-product-with-yahoo-seo.com looks spammy. We did some research and we an inverse relationship between the quality of a website and the length of it’s domain name. So, keep the domain short.
4) Write unique quality articles and submit them to article directories. This is just as important for Yahoo SEO as it is for Google SEO. If you’re doing SEO for Yahoo stores, you need to create quality back links. Bergtrom-seo.com uses article submission to create a new URL on a respectable domain in six minutes. This URL has multiple links to your website and 300+ words of relevant content convincing Google/Yahoo that this URL that links to you is relevant to your business. Article posting remains a high quality way to get back-links. No Google or Yahoo SEO program should be without it.
5 ) Do use press releases and submit them to free press release submission websites.
I hope this article answered the questions that you had about Yahoo SEO and �SEO for Yahoo stores�. If you’re like most people, you’ll have many new questions. If that’s true, give us a call our fill out our form, we’ve love to talk to you. Who knows, maybe we can help